Educate health professionals to care compassionately, teach innovatively and improve constantly through health services research.
Educate and advance knowledge to transform health care for the benefit of the people and diverse communities we serve.
- USCSOM Greenville will be responsive to the changing health care needs of our society.
- USCSOM Greenville will strive to consider the needs of the students, faculty, and administration in a manner which enhances the stature of both USC and GHS.
- USCSOM Greenville understands that health care delivery is constantly evolving and that its physician graduates should facilitate and advocate transformation that improves care provision.
- USCSOM Greenville will be integrated with all aspects of the GHS delivery system.
- USCSOM Greenville will graduate physicians who understand and participate in research that compares the relative clinical effectiveness and outcomes of various treatments.
- USCSOM Greenville supports development of a health care workforce that reflects future societal needs and the diversity of the communities served.
- USCSOM Greenville will educate physicians to be champions for patient safety, standardization, evidence based care, and quality; responsive to the medical needs of their community; sensitive to the societal cost of medicine; activists for the education of the future health care workforce; and practitioners that care for all patients regardless of race, social stature, or ability to pay.
- USCSOM Greenville students will practice patient centered care that values the interdependent roles of health care providers and facilities in service to their patients.
- USCSOM Greenville will produce physicians competent not only in medical knowledge, technical skill, and patient care, but also in compassion, collaborative interpersonal communication, professional responsibility and ethical behavior.
- USCSOM Greenville believes that candidates for medical school who value professionalism and possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills can be prepared, identified, and selected to become successful practicing physicians.
- USCSOM Greenville will establish a learning environment that emphasizes the relationship between undergraduate medical education and the real world of patient care.
- USCSOM Greenville strives to alleviate the cost of medical education as a significant barrier to student matriculation and graduation, or as a factor in the selection of a career specialty.
- USCSOM Greenville utilizes policies and procedures that synergistically combine the academic virtues of USC with the operational efficiencies of the GHS health system to the benefit of its students, faculty and staff.
- USCSOM Greenville faculty will emphasize and demonstrate the clinical import of the materials that they teach.
- USCSOM Greenville faculty selection, development, and promotion processes will favor those committed to their profession as a calling; who view their teaching ability as a gift and privilege.
- USCSOM Greenville graduates will be fully prepared and highly competitive to enter graduate medical education.
- USCSOM Greenville appreciates that access to medical information is constantly changing and that educational focus must continually emphasize methods to optimally acquire the most current knowledge.
- USCSOM Greenville will utilize educational resources, infrastructure and technology in a fiscally responsible manner, incorporating external resources in the education of health care students when advantageous.