The USC School of Medicine Greenville has adopted the Greenville Health System’s new online learning community system: Canvas. Our new online learning community enables us to provide dynamic, connected educational experiences across the medical campuses. Canvas was chosen because of its:
- Ease of use - managing course materials will be easier for both faculty and students.
- Multimedia - integration and delivery.
- Mobile friendliness - no native app required - even with a mobile web browser Canvas is beautiful.
- Cloud SaaS subscription service with open source software and agile development approach- means consistent introduction of new functionality without major upgrades so less disruption for users.
- Compliance with accessibility standards - Canvas has been recognized by The National Federation for the Blind for compliance and conforms to the W3C’s WAI WCAG guidelines.
- Favored approach. Canvas has been approved by the USC School of Medicine Greenville as well as other academic programs within the Greenville Health System (continuing professional development, residency programs, and pipeline programs).